Know the Signs and Causes of Vehicle Overheating
If there is one thing we don’t want to experience while driving it is our car overheating. That can happen due to a variety of factors, but knowing why, and what to do are important. That’s why here at Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM, we want to lay out all the signs, causes, and tips to keep your vehicle from overheating so you know what to
How Do You Know Your Car is Overheating?
- The check engine light comes on
- The temperature gauge rises above the normal levels
- You have reduced power
- You smell a funny odor coming from your car
- You see steam coming from under the hood
What Causes Your Car to Overheat?
- You might have low coolant levels
- There might be a coolant leak
- You have a bad water pump in your vehicle
- There’s an issue with the thermostat
What Do You Do When Your Car Overheats?
- Make sure to pull over to a safe space on the road if you’re experiencing any of the signs of overheating and turn the engine and air conditioning off
- Open the hood to allow the engine to cool, but don’t touch it because it will be hot and by touching it can lead a burn that would need medical attention.
- Contact our service center and schedule service for your vehicle
How Can I Prevent Cooling
- Always make sure your coolant levels are topped off when necessary during auto service
- Check your hoses in your vehicle for leaks and cracks
Of course our service team is here to help you with all your service and maintenance needs in Dallas so if you need an appointment feel free to reach out to us and we can set one up today.