The Path To a Cool Car Starts With These Tips
We all know of ways to get out of the Dallas, TX heat when we need to. In your vehicle, the way to escape it is by turning on the air conditioner, as it is with just about anything else, really. But, in the car, you want it cooled down quick because a vehicle sitting in heat all day gets to extreme temperatures. To get it cooled quickly and effectively, follow these few tips and you’ll be ready.
- You should check a few things regularly, and that includes the air conditioning suction vents, which are under the hood, and at the base of the windshield. Clean them out from any debris or anything that has piled up in there so you get the best flow
- Ensure your cabin filter is clean, and if you need a new one, we’re certainly here to help you get one inside your vehicle
- Check your coolant levels to make sure everything is in order, and only check when your vehicle is cold
- Use a reflective windshield screen when your vehicle is parked. This keeps out the sun and can keep the cabin a few degrees cooler, which is a plus
- When you start your vehicle, roll down all of the windows
- Turn on the air conditioning with the fresh air setting coming from the vents
- When you have the air blowing consistently, roll up the front windows and switch to the recirculated air, which will let the cool air coming out of the front vents going right back into the air conditioning, allowing it to cool more
- Shortly after rolling up the front windows, roll up the rest of the windows, and reduce blower speed to 50 percent or less, as your air conditioning will blow out colder air when less air is being pushed out
If you want to see our vehicles up close, feel free to stop in to Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM, as we’d be happy to answer any questions, and set up test drives today.